Hearing aids aren’t just available in a wide range of sizes and styles; they can also accommodate a variety of accessories. Deciding which, if any, will benefit you can be tricky. You may want to speak with an audiologist at CENTA Medical Group to learn more about any particular product.
Some of the more popular hearing aid accessories include:
- Wireless accessories. Utilizing Bluetooth® technology, wireless accessories enable you to hear better in situations where there is a lot of background noise or distance between you and the speaker. These include wireless microphones, remotes and television headsets.
- Transmitters and receivers. These are helpful in educational situations (a teacher’s words are transmitted directly into the student’s ears) and for children. Transmitters and receivers work together to overcome background noise, distance and reverberation, and contribute to a better learning experience.
- Power adaptors and cords. These add versatility by allowing direct input from various audio sources (FM systems, MP3 players, TVs and computers). Available with both monaural and binaural cords.
- Assistive listening devices/personal amplifiers. A microphone placed close to the speaker amplifies the sound that reaches your ears, giving your hearing aids a boost. Excellent for lectures, church service, theaters and television.
- Earwax filters. Filters prevent earwax, a leading cause of damage to electronic components, from entering the hearing aid. This helps prolong the life of the instrument and provides you with clear, natural sound.
- Cleaning kits. Keeping your hearing aids clean can result in a longer life for your instruments. Cleaning kits give you a leg up on keeping your device in prime working condition. They typically include a wax removal brush and pick, a tube and vent cleaner, battery door opener and battery replacement magnet.
- Batteries. It’s wise to have extra batteries on hand in case your current ones die in the middle of an important listening situation. Especially helpful when you’re traveling.
Call CENTA Medical Group at (803) 256-2483 for more information or to schedule an appointment.