CENTA Medical Group is committed to your health and safety as the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread. We are monitoring the CDC and WHO websites and taking all necessary precautions. As such, CENTA has made some changes to our practice-wide operations to best serve our patients. Please review the most recent updates below:
- At our Lexington office, patients are asked to check-in at the front desk and may then wait in their car until they are ready to be seen by our providers.
- At our Columbia office, patients are asked to check-in at the front desk and may then wait in their car on the top floor of the parking garage until they are ready to be seen by our providers.
- All patients over the age of 7 are required to wear a protective mask while at their appointment. (Providers will instruct patients when/if it is safe to remove their masks to during the appointment.)
- Minor patients, elderly patients, or those patients that require additional assistance may only be accompanied by 1 family member or caregiver. The family member or caregiver is required to wear a protective mask for the duration of the visit.
Please keep in mind that the current situation is very fluid and changing hour to hour. Patients are encouraged to check the following resources for up to date information on COVID-19, including how to best keep yourself safe and what you should do if you suspect that either you or a family member may have fallen ill with this virus.
As a reminder, if you are experiencing any of the below symptoms, we ask that you contact your primary care physician, local urgent care, or emergency medical services:
- Have a fever, dry cough, sore throat, headache, chills, symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath), or other cold/flu like symptoms
- Have experienced recent loss of taste and/or smell, unrelated to congested sinuses
- Been exposed to someone that has been diagnosed with coronavirus or someone that has had contact with anyone under quarantine for the virus
- Recently traveled outside of South Carolina in the past 2 months or been exposed to anyone returning from outside of the United States
If any of the above apply to you, we also kindly request that you call to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
We will continue to update our website with any changes to these policies. We appreciate your patience during this time.